- Floyd Central High School, 1975
- Purdue University; 1979, Bachelor of Sciences, Majored in Biology (with distinction)
- Purdue University; 1979, Bachelor of Arts (with distinction), Majored in Psychology
- Post-Graduate: Indiana University, 1983, Doctor of Optometry (with Honors)
- Faculty Appointments: Associate instructor at Indiana University for Ocular Pathology, Ocular Histology, and Ocular Micro-biology.
- Indiana University Research assistant for Neurophysiology.
- Adjunct Clinical faculty Indiana University School of Optometry
- Member of the Indiana and American Optometric Association
- Served on the Indiana Board of Trustees
- Served on the Governors Children’s Health Insurance Task Force
- He is a full service provider for over 37 years from eye health exams, glasses, management of ocular diseases, diabetic eye care, macular degeneration, macular risk testing, glaucoma, dry eye testing, allergies, cataracts, children exams, preschool and adults, for a lifetime of healthy vision.
- Dr. Madsen is a member of the following: Indiana Optometric Association, American Optometric Association, Infantsee Program, Lions Club collection and distribution center, Lions Club member
- Purdue University 1975-1979, Bachelor of Sciences, Majored in Biology, Bachelor of Arts, Majored in Psychology
- Post-Graduate: Indiana University, grad. 1983, Doctor of Optometry
- Member of the Indiana Optometric Association
- She has provided full service eye care for over 37 years; from glasses to contacts.
- Medical Evaluations for Glaucoma, Diabetic Care, Dry Eye Testing
- Non-surgical, Corneal Refractive Therapy
- Lasik evaluations,helping families see clearly for lifetime.
- She provides full service eye care including eye health exams, providing glasses and contact lenses, and management of ocular diseases such as macular degeneration, glaucoma, dry eyes, ocular allergies, and cataracts.
- Providence High School, 2009
- Undergraduate: Indiana University, 2009-2012, Bachelor of Science, majored in Biology (with distinction), minored in Chemistry
- Post-Graduate: Indiana University School of Optometry, 2012-2016, Doctor of Optometry
- Externships: Indianapolis Eyecare Center, Ireland Army Hospital Optometry Clinic in Fort Knox, Atwater Eyecare Center, and Bennett and Bloom Eye Centers
- Faculty Appointments: Associate Instructor at Indiana University for Ophthalmic Procedures I and II
- Member of Phi Beta Kappa honor society
- Member of the Indiana Optometric Association, the American Optometric Association
- She is a full service eye care provider including eye health exams, glasses and contact lenses, pediatric exams, binocular vision disorders, and management of ocular diseases such as diabetes, macular degeneration, glaucoma, dry eyes, ocular allergies, and cataracts.
Dr. Renee Compton received her undergraduate degree from the University of Southern Indiana and her Doctor of Optometry degree from Indiana University in Bloomington, Indiana. Dr. Compton practices full-scope optometric care. In addition to providing vision care with the most up-to-date contact lens and eyeglass offerings, Dr. Compton monitors for and treats many eye diseases including glaucoma, macular degeneration, cataracts, diabetic eye disease, and many other corneal, retinal, and general eye disorders. Dr. Compton has also received extensive training in the proper diagnosis and treatment for Dry Eye Disease. She enjoys getting to know patients of all ages.
She is licensed by the Indiana Optometry Board, Kentucky Board of Optometric Examiners and the National Board of Examiners in Optometry. Dr. Compton is a member of the American Optometric Association, Kentucky Optometric Association, and serves as the President of the Southeastern Society of the Indiana Optometric Association.
What our Eye Doctors Have to Say...
At our New Salisbury eye care clinic, we handle everything from adult and children’s eye exams and hard-to-fit contact lenses, to eye emergencies, treatment of eye diseases and co-management of eye surgery such as LASIK.
Expert eye care solutions should be convenient and easy, and we excel in serving all your vision needs. We are devoted to helping you maximize your vision, so you can enjoy the highest quality of life!